Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday ramblings

Well, we had a nice lazy Easter at home. Aidan slept for 7 hours on Saturday night... and yet I was so tired all day Sunday! He was up most of the night Sunday and I felt great on Monday... go figure!

We did an outing yesterday to infant storytime at the library. We were the youngest baby there but Aidan did great. He woke up, no screaming and took the bottle of breastmilk during the first book, looked around and at the other two boys during the second one. That will be our Monday morning outing for a while. I am so glad we went and that the library offers programs like that for all the different age levels. Hopefully I'll be raising a boy who likes to read as much as Mommy and Daddy do!

I had listed a 'to do' list on my other blog... so I got most everything on it done. I got the birth announcements in the mail today, my 2 mystery blocks done and off to the point person, and started taking camcorder of Aidan. The cables should arrive tomorrow, so I can hook to the laptop and burn it to a cd with pictures for his grandparents.

Goals for this week:

1. sew more of the flying geese into rows

2. play with settings for dh's quilt - either like the book and send out for quilting or try the quilt as you go method...

3. make some birthday cards - niece and sil.

4. edge the recieving blankets

5. organize all my printed out block instructions.. including the BOM from the guild and look up the one I had posted to get the name to Kristie.

Now some eye candy.... This is a cathederal window quilt that my dh's grandmother or ggma made for my MIL. It was done by hand when she was in her 50's or 60's, the first quilt she made!


Happy quilting all.

1 comment:

Moneik said...

Congrats on getting so much done on your list. I'm sure with a little one in tow it makes it more difficult to get as much done as you would like to get done. That Cathedral quilt is beautiful. I can't imagine sewing that much by hand!