Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October already!

Well, I did not get many things done on my 'to do' list for last month.
I did get a quilting hoop, finished my 'test' Chelsea bag and have the fabric cut for the 'fall' one. I started a mystery quilt at my LQS - have the fabric and am done the first homework assignment. Did my guild block for sharing and one for me. I also helped finish organizing a one day technical conference that was held on the 30th, so have been a little busy with that the last 2 weeks. DH and I also got 2 nights out for dinner by ourselves this week! We also started Aidan's water classes and those are going well. He was actually kicking a little bit last week in his third class... not bad for a 7.5 month old.
This is the reason that I get so little done... but he is worth it.


Aidan has been doing lots of new things this week.... he started crawling forward on Saturday morning. He can now go from laying down to sitting up (as of this afternoon!) and is getting into EVERYTHING! He is feeding himself puffs... most of the time. Yikes, he is growing up way too fast. We also have had my MIL visiting since last Friday so things have been a little out of the normal routine with that and the conference happenings.

My 'to do' list for this month.
1.) call the bulb company and see if they are going to ship my order or not... then plant if they ever show up. Arrghhh I hate mail order companies!
2.) close up the veggie garden and expand/till it so it is ready for next year. (this weekend!)
3.) go apple picking and make applesauce, pies and whatever else I can think of.
4.) Make a fall chelsea bag
5.) Make my Quilt Guild BOM block.
6.) Continue Mystery Quilt at LQS.
7.) Machine quilt DH's quilt... (since I don't seem to be hand quilting it.)
8.) Put together the pinwheel quilt top and machine quilt it... will need to create a top and bottom border to make it big enough to cover the inside front door to limit drafts this winter. Will try quilt as you go method.
9.) Quilt the charity quilt and finish the binding.
10.) Make black/white and red baby quilt ... need more fabrics.
11.) Work on some leaf blocks from a very old WIP... I think I need 11 more blocks to complete the top.
12.) Pumpkin wall hanging.
13.) Whatever else jumps in as a whim to get done.

Ok, boy is awake and dinner needs making.
Have a great week everyone.

3 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Looks like you will be plenty busy! I can't believe how big Aiden is getting!!

Gina said...

What a gorgeous photo of Aiden.

Don't panic too much about to do lists just enjoy your time with him

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Juryizstillout said...

He's such a sweet boy! What a cutie! I'd get absolutely nothing done as I'd want to squeeze his little cheeks all day!

Very ambitious list! I'm tired just looking at it, but then again, I can only work on one project at a time. I'm sure you'll make it.

Is Aiden going to be something cute for Halloween?