Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Progress.....

Well, I have managed to get a few things done... but none on my list!
We were starting to look at vans since it is a little difficult for me to get my 22 pound 8 month old in and out of my car, into his carseat without bumping his head.... and this without the pregnant belly yet! So, we started looking at vans.... and test drove one on Saturday and will pick it up on Thursday! Yea!!!!

I also finally got 2 towel tops crocheted for my Mom...
they are for Thanksgiving and I think she gave me the towel earlier this year. So, that is finally done. Just need to do a few more for her since it sounds like hers need replacing... and she always has one hanging on her stove in the kitchen. I'm going to let her put the buttons on though! These are quick and only take about 30 minutes to make.
I also got a few hours of sewing in on Sunday so I could get my homework done for my mystery quilt. I did 40, 4 inch blocks using my accent and medium background fabrics.... so yellow and green batiks for these blocks. Here is a picture of the fabrics that will be in this mystery quilt. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.
The fabrics are cut out for my autumn chelsea bag... just need to start working on that. So will sign off and get up to the sewing room while Aidan is napping and before I need to start dinner.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Those towels are adorable and I really love the colors for the mystery quilt.