Thursday, December 18, 2008

1 week until Christmas!

Is anyone ready? I think I have all my shopping done...just need to pick up one gift certificate for a family exchange and then I'm FINISHED! The tree is up and decorated, some things are out but not all of them. I really need to finish that and clean the house up good before Sunday when my MIL flys up for the holidays. She is allergic to cats... and we have 2 of them.

I have gotten a little time in the sewing room... I have some pinwheel blocks into rows with the sashing on each row. Just need to zip those together and add the borders. I also have all the pieces for the black and white quilt done, just need to sew them together. Also will sew up a few coasters for some quick extra gifts this weekend.
I am hoping that I can get 2-3 quilts quilted while my MIL is here to watch Aidan. The two above and a charity one for the quilt guild that has been sitting as a finished top for a good 4 months! Then I can just work on the bindings by hand in the early morning hours... since I seem to be waking up really early (5AM yesterday morning) or for an hour or two in the middle of the night lately. I'm also considering 'marking' one of my tops for hand quilting. It is a bear paw quilt in white and blue that I did about 7 years ago that has never been finished. I really want to do a big feathered design in the open spaces but have been putting that off for years. Might as well mark it and pin it while I have the room to do it in.

I also need to get back to working on fixing the quilt for my Mom....I've hand sewn what I can but need to 'repair' blocks now. Just have not been able to figure out the name of the blocks to find a pattern. Guess I'll have to try and 'make' the design from the original and see how it turns out.
Hope everyone has a happy holiday season.

No comments: