Monday, March 2, 2009

quilting progress!

I got some sewing time in this weekend! I made a 2 sided little 16x16 quilt for my MIL. She wanted terra cotta color. I did the Ohio Star (she's from there originally) pattern and just a simple border. Just need to hand sew the binding down. The one with the green middle will be the 'top' but it can be used on either side.


I also made progress on my Mom's quilt. I just need to finish hand sewing one block down onto the quilt and then some hand quilting over my 'patches'
Yesterday I made 2 valances for our guest room. I've had the fabric for months and it was nice to get that done and have them put up.
The hanging sleeve is on the black and white quilt,so I just need to wash it then drop that off to someone from my guild and that is set for the April show.
That leaves me a couple of things to plug away on.... making a fabric book of nursery rhymes from a pre-printed panel and working on my 'mystery' quilt top.
Happy quilting everyone.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Great quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx