Well, I finally got the fabric nursery rhyme book finished.... almost, just need to sew one seam to attach them all but will do that tonight. It came out pretty cute. Will try to get a picture of it later. I was hand sewing the openings closed last night around 9:30 while Emily was laying on the floor under her gym... wide awake.
I'll probably cut up some kids fabric for a quick charity quilt next.. something easy so I can just do 10-15 minutes of non-thinking sewing occasionally.
I also got all my bulbs and annual flowers into the ground finally, DH planted the two trees for the kids (black cherry ornamental for Aidan and Hazlenut for Emily) and I got the garden finished last Tuesday. Things are popping up... will need to go investigate with Aidan later today. I also got the 6 blueberry bushes planted, the asparagus and 2 rhubarb plants. In a few years the yards should look great!
This is one of the front beds, before it was expanded two rotatiller widths all around. I've added some annuals and bulbs - hosta, lilies, wave petunia's, etc in the new areas.
I also got a cute knitting pattern for a blanket that I'll attempt to make this summer... if Emily ever decides to go to bed at a normal hour so I can have some time in the evenings to relax with it. We'll see. A friend made a cute baby blanket for Emily with the pattern in a pretty varigated yarn... I'm planning to make it with a deep pink soft yarn.
Here is Aidan....
And Miss Emily waving!