I decided I was in a mood to just sew the last week, so worked on assembling the YBR blocks in purple and yellow batiks for my neice K's quilt. I guess I should have read the directions through one more time...as I cut the first 7 of 12 fat quarters wrong!!!! I got a bit creative yesteday and got enough finished for the quilt. There are a few block combinations not seen in normal YBR quilts but it will truly be unique! I think I got 37 blocks instead of the 40 it should make. I really only needed 35 for a setting of 5x7 with the 9.5 inch blocks. I just need to play with them a bit and see how they look before sewing them into a top.
Here is what they look like right now.
I hope to get back to midget block Thursdays tomorrow... assuming the girl sleeps ok for her nap... she's stuffed up and teething... not a good combo.