Thursday, April 28, 2011

UFO Finished!


Hip Hip Hooray! (As my son would say).
Monday during nap time I was able to pin 2 quilts for quilting. I decided to 'practice' on this little quilt I started in 2005 at Yankee Pride as a mystery quilt. I just did a curvy loop on the whole top. The binding was stitched after kids went down for bed. This will be given to my friend Kelly to use as a raffle for the June 'Lacing up for Cancer' event in Morrisville, VT. Most importantly, it is a UFO marked as DONE on my list! The picture does not show the real black well and the bright reds. I may have to try an outside picture once the sun comes out and dries up all the rain we've had the last couple of days.

The next one is Kristin's Yellow Brick Road Quilt that also got pinned on Monday. I think I'll be working on this one tomorrow during nap time. The binding is all set to be put on once this one is quilted. I think I'll pull out the next Midget block and get that started while I can.

Thanks for all the well wishes for AT and his eye surgery. I'm happy to report that he was a real trooper and you would never know he had surgery at this point. The droopy lid is gone and he was back to his normal self playing within 3 hours after his surgery and being the rough and tumble boy that he is the next day.

Happy quilting!
Deb

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It's brilliant. I enlarged the picture and could see the colours and quilting so much better - you have done a lovely job - well done xx