Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Progress....

In the 'mindless' sewing mode I've been in the last week or so, I've been working on making my 9 patch blocks a little bit bigger. These are some that I found in a bin last fall and have no clue how long they've been sitting there... I'm guessing late 90's as I think I made some when I was living in my townhouse. I was planning to do the sisters choice from Quiltville...but decided to just do a quicker version and do alternating colors in the corner blocks. The 9 patches were done in purple and blues with muslin. I now have 25 of the 9 patches and about 18 have been turned into these little blocks.....



Which will look something like this put together.



I think I'll make another 5 of the 9 patches so that I can set it at 5x6 for a nice size lap quilt (50x60 without borders). When this one is done.... before the June guild meeting I hope.... it will be another UFO crossed off the list on my side bar. Other than not really touching the Joann's Fabrics kit from quite a few years ago, I did pretty well with finishing up some things with this guild challenge. I've already found a bunch more UFO's in the boxes so will be all set for a new round next fall.

How are you doing on your challenges this year?

1 comment:

scraphappy said...

What a great feeling to cross something off the UFO list.