Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Emily's quilt and a new L&E project

This will be my 'next' project over the next little bit. We will be getting her a new 'big girl' bed in a couple of months so I'd better get moving on her new quilt to fit a twin bed. I had picked out the pattern 'Spring Valley Log Cabin' from the Judy Martin book 'Piece and Play Quilts'. After collecting the 30's prints and some solids I am ready to start cutting this one out. Wish me luck!

Today was packing day.... so to keep out of the way, I took a rubbermaid bucket overflowing with scraps - mostly blue but other colors got in there too - and cut up a bunch of 2.5x4.5 and 2.5 squares in light and dark. I have at least 100 of each size in both light and dark after hours of cutting. I figure that will give me a start with about 20 blocks finishing around 8 inches. Not big enough for a quilt but a start. These will be the leader/ender for Emily's quilt project.... and fitting that it will be a Bonnie Hunter pattern at Quiltville. This will be the star struck and I do have someone in mind for it... lets hope I get some sewing time in over the next few weeks so I can get a good jump on both these projects.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Looking forward to seeing progress on these quilts.