Friday, March 16, 2012

Shopping....

It seems to be a shopping day today.
From Sentimental Stitches... I got the midget applique blocks 1-52 and the free sample applique block. She has a deal going on right now for National Quilt Day (March 17) where you can get the applique blocks for 16.60 instead of $20.00.

Then some new sneakers from Zappos so my feet will be comfy while working at the store... I have a feeling there will be no sitting down at all in the next few weeks as the temps are in the 80's and people are opening their pools up.

Then.. I hopped over to Connecting Threads and got some fabrics for Randy's quilt along over at her blog Barristersblock. I am a little late to start but should be able to catch up pretty easily. I am going with a blue and brown for the quilt along and will use the mirage prints with a cream or tan for the background. Chocolate and cornflower blue. I think they'll look pretty together and I got a couple of other prints that might work well with them if I decided to not do complete solids for the quilt.

Now... off to get dressed so we can run errands. When I asked Em this morning what she wanted to do today, she said 'ride the jeep, ride my bike, go get veggies from the farm stand, go to the play ground, take a short nap......' I'd better get moving so she can get all that done. I wanted to hit Lowes too, but I doubt that will happen. I got to go there a couple of days ago and have the boards for the garden and just need hubby to drill those together after I rotatil my spot and then call the guy to deliver the soil. I can't wait to get my garden put in and the kids love helping plant and weed and then pick our veggies.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Sounds very, very busy...but fun! Can't wait to see your blocks.