Sunday, November 4, 2012

Quilt Show purchases

Well, it is official. As my hubby says... I'm an old lady now! Today I turned the big four oh.
For my birthday weekend, I got the weekend off from work at the store. Hubby worked yesterday and today was a short day so our two employees handled things. Yesterday, the kids went to Grandma and I got to go to a quilt show. It was so nice to go and see some amazing quilting and applique. There are lots of very talented ladies in this area. I will show those in another post.


Then it was my turn to help out the local economy. I spent some birthday money and got some pretty neat things. 


Lovely fabrics. I'll be contacting her to get some greens. These will be for my nieces graduation quilt.

Way too cute! I had to have this one.

A little hanger for three little quilts and a pattern.


I have to say, those little scissors in the first picture are so cute and work great. I used them last night while I was hand piecing my midget block.

I hope you all had a great weekend. I have 3 sleeping people in the house and half of  a triple chocolate cake sitting on the counter. I think it is calling my name.......

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday! You got lots of wonderful goodies but I especially love the hand dyed fabric.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday! Is there any cake left? haha Haven't seen those needles before - have you used them? I'll have to find some. Love the fabric! All in all, it sounds like it was a great weekend! ~Jeanne