Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Baby Quilt Completed!

Woo Hoo! I got it done before Wednesday. I have to say, I had the perfect day today.
The kids slept in until a little after 7AM. I got to machine quilt in the morning and attach the binding without interruptions. Took a nice walk in the forest with the family and wore the kids out for nice long naps.
Attached the binding by hand in the afternoon while watching some recorded shows in peace and quiet.




Leftovers for dinner = no cooking for me!
I should have stayed out of the sewing room this evening.... I attempted a midget block - brides stairway and I have to say - it won. I'll try it again tomorrow but for tonight I'm calling it a day.

6 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

Sounds like a great start to a new year! The quilt is gorgeous! Happy 2013! ~Jeanne

scraphappy said...

Brides Stairway was an odd little block. Hope you have better luck with it in the morning. your baby quilt turned out adorable though. Looks like you had a fun family day.

Ellen said...

Really cute baby quilt - congrats on getting it all done and on time too!

Looks like you had a fun family day.

Ellen said...

Really cute baby quilt - congrats on getting it all done and on time too!

Looks like you had a fun family day.

Sheila said...

Sweet baby quilt! And some family fun, too! A good day.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What a CUTE little quilt! Congratulations on getting it done.

Wearing the littles out for a nice long nap is always my goal when I have the grands. ;-) It's amazing what can be done during naptime.

Good luck on Bride's Stairway today!