Sunday, February 3, 2013

Slow stitch Sunday

Today is a busy day at out house. We are celebrating Aidan's 5th birthday today (really it is on Wednesday the 6th) with Grandparents and we are in the process of creating a dinosaur cake and some salads to go with the burgers and brats that will cook on the grill for lunch.


If I get a few minutes here and there I plan to do a little stitching on the parasol block from the grandmothers choice BOM. I have sets of 4 done on the ruffle. I just need to finish getting this together.


Head on over to Quilter Kathy and see what others are working on for this slow stitch Sunday.

Edit: I was able to get this block done today! Here it is.



7 comments:

Angie said...

Cute dinosaur cake! My youngest son would have loved it. Come to think of it, he'd probably still love it (he's 24 - yikes!). Love your Parsol block-great colors!! Hope you have a great celebration!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Happy birthday to Aidan! What a great cake - very nice! The parasol block is really cute. Have a wonderful celebration! ~ Jeanne

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a cute cake! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching and showing us your block in development....I haven't tackled that one yet!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You are going to be ready for April showers with all your umbrella blocks!

scraphappy said...

What an adorable cake. I hope he loved it. The block is also adorable, but I am sure the cake was more popular.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Happy birthday to Aidan - 5 is my favorite age!

I love that parasol block - so sweet!

audrey said...

Very sweet block! Birthdays are so exciting at that age.:)