Friday, May 10, 2013

Inspiration.....

Do you have a 'go to' magazine or book that you always seem to go back to? I have two and they date back to 1999 and 1998! I just love the star quilt on the cover of the second one.

The first one for me is Quick Quilts by McCall's Quilting back in September 1999. It is the one on the left in the picture.

I've made two of these quilts so far (churn dash delights and Made with TLC- the pretty heart one in the bottom left hand corner) and have the 'hearts' cut out for another Made with TLC quilt. Someday I can see that Dutch Apple Pie quilt being made - the apple one.


Harvest Home is also a pretty quilt that might get made someday from that magazine.

The second magazine is another McCall's - Quilting from December 1998. I just love the two quilts on the cover. That star one with the blue check border I have loved forever! Why have I not made it yet? Hmmmm. Maybe That will be a project start for later this summer with my bin of scraps.... I also had started buying some check fabrics to make that snowman wall hanging oh so many years ago. Never made that one either. That will be another 'someday' quilt. This one has a Viking ad with three scrappy quilts that are so pretty - they are on the page on the right; Snails trail, bird houses and a form of irish chain with stars.
Do you have some quilt books or a certain magazine or two that you always seem to go back and flip through when you want some inspiration?

1 comment:

Moneik said...

I love the Happy Hour book by Atkinson Designs. It seems to be my go to book and the cover is falling off I have used it so much. I honestly can't remember, but I think I've made over 15 quilts out of that book.