Sunday, September 15, 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday....

A wee bit late but it is still Sunday! After getting home from work to a partially sick household (Aidan and Daddy), making dinner for me and Emmy of some Swedish meatballs with noodles and then picking up and taking the kids out for a ice cream treat that they were promised (I found the Wendy's drive through by the interstate - nice and close!), it is time to have them wind down for bed. After they are in bed, I get to wind down with some slow stitching on my apple quilt. For now, I am going around the apples and doing an X through the nine patches. I may go back and add another echo or two in the apples and probably a diamond in the nine patches. I broke down and am using a little circle hoop for this one and it seems to be working OK for me - no having to hold the bunch of the quilt in one hand while quilting with the other. I might as well get used to it before I get a big one ready for hand quilting!
Head on over to Kathy's Quilts and see what other projects are being worked on.

6 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Still a little warm here to hand quilt. I have a quilt ready to go but still need to get some thread. Haven't decided what color yet, something I need to get done.

Sheila said...

I really, really like this red and white quilt. Bless you. I hope Aidan and Daddy get well soon.

Cyn said...

All this RED is really striking! Love it.
Sorry to hear Aidan and your DHs has the bug. Hope they are soon well! Hugs!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

So sorry to hear you've got sickies in the house but I suppose it is that time of year isn't it?

Love the apple quilt! I have an apple theme kitchen! :)

Ellen said...

Deb - your quilting is looking great. Sorry to hear about the sickies. There seems to be a really bad cold going around and my eldest caught it. I think he said that more than half of his co-workers has it as well.

Quilter Kathy said...

Hand quilting is the perfect activity while tending to sick family. Love your apples! Thanks for linking up!