Sunday, November 3, 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday.....

Today I had grand plans to get Easy Street pinned for quilting. Well, it is ironed, on the boards and the batting has been pieced.... twice. I seem to have added that extra bit to the WRONG side.... so I got to zig zag it together twice. Then I attempted to pin it on my banquet table. Did I mention ES is 97x97 and does not fit on my table? The living room is big enough... but there are other people in the house besides me. So..... I think I will move things around in the 'play room' and hunker down in there around 8 and start the pinning process with a movie on the TV in there. I can leave it there when I get tired and pick it up in the morning after the kiddo's are dropped to school. Grandma will be picking them up and keeping them out of my hair entertained at the park for a bit so I can have some 'me' time on my birthday tomorrow. After a hair cut and maybe a pedicure I plan to get some quilting time in. Hopefully on my Easy Street quilt.

I did get a few things prepped so I am set for hand work this week. I cut a few more brown and moss green peels for working on in the car line up at school.

I also picked up this neat little border template and traced it onto my apple quilt this afternoon. I have the middle done and I am on the home stretch on this one - just the outer border to go!



I had planned a chuck roast in the crock pot for dinner but I guess it was not all thawed out and 1PM -5.30 on high was not enough time to get it so it can be cut with a fork. G and the kids are off to pick up Chinese food for dinner. I have the crock pot on for a few more hours and dinner for tomorrow will be all set to warm up whenever we get hungry. More sewing time for me!

I'm hooking up with Kathy's Quilts today and if I decide to wait to pin tomorrow morning... you can bet I will be hand stitching on my apple quilt this evening.



5 comments:

scraphappy said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you have a great day planned. Enjoy your alone time.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Happy birthday to you!!! Enjoy your day tomorrow! Wow you were fast with your quilting on your apple quilt - love that stencil you bought for the border - can't wait to see it done!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Happy Birthday! How nice to have me time. Love the stencil you are using on your border, and good luck pinning your Easy Street, that is a big job!

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you have some treats lined up for you to enjoy tomorrow!

Jeanne said...

Happy birthday! I love your apple quilt. It's getting close to a finish, too.