Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lets Book It....

Sharon over at Vroomans Quilts has a neat link party each month called Lets Book it. This is to encourage us to grab a book off our quilting library - one that we just 'had' to have for a certain project but have yet to make it. This month she is doing a cute little quilt of hexie flowers from the book 'The Civil War Sewing circle' by Kathleen Tracy. My hubby got me this book for Christmas a couple of years ago along with my requested 'Remembering Adelia'. I do love looking through both of these books.  I'm in process of making my version of the orange peel quilt from the 'Remembering Adelia' book but had not made anything from The Sewing Circle yet.

 I was always drawn to the T is for Temperance quilt. I think mainly because I love blue and the quilting on that one is simple but it speaks to me. This month, I decided to join along and made my version of that little quilt. She is 19.5 square and I plan to find some batting and a backing and work on hand quilting this over the next little bit. Maybe I'll have it done for the next link party! It's not too late to join in the fun.


Today - Mom and I went for pedicures. Her first one! We both have pretty pink toes right now.

For all those up north - I'm throwing in a picture of my roses that are in full bloom out front. Enjoy!


6 comments:

Andee said...

I have done some from this book and belong to the small quilts group on yahoo that this author has. Love little quilts, yours looks great!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Well, I'm jealous of those rose bushes! I'm still needing to get out and prune ours ... they're supposed to be pruned in late winter. Ooops! It's supposed to be reasonably nice this weekend, so hopefully I'll get to them then. In the meantime, I'm going to stitch! ha!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Your 'T' mini is just adorable and handquilting it will just add to it's allure. Thank you for linking up.

Kate said...

Very pretty mini. I love the blues you used.

Our roses have started to leaf out, but no buds yet.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Beautiful block and such lovely pink toes.

Valspierssews said...

Your little T quilt is beautiful. the blues are perfect. Nice toes :)
valspierssews