Monday, April 28, 2014

Design wall Monday.

I finally took an hour in the sewing room today and got my rows sewn into a top for the Triangle Quit Along. I'm not sure I'll be able to get it quilted and bound for the link up but you just never know how the week will turn out. I'll give it a shot and who knows - maybe it will get done on time. I decided to let it flow and there are some matching triangles that make diamonds. Things always seem to get turned a bit when you sew them together.... but as long as there was no white on the edges I kept it as a truly 'scrappy' quilt top. Excuse the need for a good pressing, I laid it out and a five year old promptly decided to roll around on it and wrap herself up in it stating 'this is not being taken out of the house!'.

Emily had to have a picture taken with her on the top.

After pictures she was back to watching her show... while laying on the quilt top of  course!
Other than the usual things (speech Tues,Wed; Soccer Tue, Thurs; Emily play date Thursday) this week I only have two adds -meeting about Emily's speech to hand over to her new school next year on Tuesday morning and possibly working Wednesday morning while a spa is being delivered. So nice to get back to a fairly 'normal' schedule for the last 5 weeks of school. Now to sign the kids up for their swim lessons this summer and maybe another week of some 'camp' for each of them to take up a few hours of the day. The rest of the summer will be spent being kids and enjoying the pool! I am looking forward to not having everyone ready to leave the house by 7:20AM five days a week.

Time to get some waters and snacks ready.... to go wait for the boy to be released from school.


4 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Deb - how are you doing ? I've not been commenting much lately although I've been reading my fav blogs. Had a few medical issues - actually got out of hospital today after surgery. Anyway love this quilt and always adore pics of Emily posing on them. Is she getting this quilt ? Take care xx

Sheila said...

It's a happy quilt top, makes me smile. I think you should give it to Emily : )
I'm cutting it close on finishing my triangle quilt, too.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Love seeing Emily enjoy that top! It's gorgeous ... I don't blame her for insisting that it won't leave the house. ;-) Hope you get some sewing time this week!

canuckquilter said...

I can't blame Emily for wanting to lay claim to this one! It's just so pretty and cheerful and girly. Perfect.