Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Ideas?

I've made two Kaleidoscope quilts (ok - one is in process still!) and now am making a 60 degree triangle quilt. I have all those parts from the edges of the strips with those fun angles left over.
I'm looking for ideas on what to do with them. I could just sew them together in rows and see what happens, cut a square  or hexagon from each and use the leftover triangles in crumb blocks, make some wonky type star blocks...... any other thoughts?

This is the leftover bits from the triangle quilt I am working on in spring baby colors. These are a bit bigger parts from 6.5 inch strips but there are a bunch of smaller triangles under there too.
This was the first Kaleidoscope quilt I made last year. I have lots of black and all those pretty blue, teal, green and yellows hanging around somewhere. These are 4.5 and 6.5 inch strips.

This is the second Kaleidoscope quilt that is waiting to be sewn into blocks and then rows. I have some extras of teal, purple and blues hanging around from this one also. These also were 4.5 and 6.5 inch strips. Some of these have been cut and used in other projects where I needed some squares already.


Thanks for your help with ideas. I have a feeling I just need to keep the pile on the cutting mat and just pick a day and do something with them. Who knows what it will end up looking like. I'll probably keep the three sets separate and come up with three smaller quilts or wall hangings. Time will tell.

3 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I really love the colors in the teal/blue and green Kaleidoscope!! I think I used my scraps for a flying geese type border.

Ellen said...

I do like your idea for using these scraps. What about a crazy quilt?

Quilter Kathy said...

I would use those leftovers to make Maverick stars!