Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sunday Slow stitching.....

Kathy over at Kathy's Quilts asked what we do as we are slow stitching this week. I know last night we were 'watching' Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 and part of part 2 while I stitched up some of these pretty hexagon flowers.

Usually, I am in a car in the car line waiting for Aidan to be released from school as I work on these. Since there is usually no 'good' things on tv we tend to watch reruns, which means I don't have to really look at the tv! Kathy has some great podcasts linked on her post that sound interesting. Maybe I'll have to check out a few of them while I do some slow stitching this week.

I need to prep a few more purple hexagon's with their sewing lines on the back and then I can whip up the last 5 for the month of April. I am making these with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge over at Angela's blog here. I decided to join in the sampler quilt along this year but I am also making hexie flowers, churn dashes and a 16 patch block each month in the color selected. This is a no guilt link up so you can join at any time!


Head on over to Kathy's Quilts and see what other slow stitching projects are being worked on this week.

10 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I make mistakes when I am watching what I am doing, lol...hard to envision myself watching TV or other things while stitching as so many are able to do. Pretty hexies! :)

Ellen said...

I watch tv too while I am hand stitching/quilting.

Your hexies are looking great. I also prefer to hand stitch instead of EPP. It may take a little longer to draw the sewing lines but I am happier with that process.

Quilter Kathy said...

You are making beautiful flowers for your hexie garden! ENjoy your slow stitching!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I, too, watch either reruns (mostly of movies, but of NCIS, too) or baseball/hockey games (there's enough instant replays that I don't have to worry about missing something exciting).

I've never hand pieced (other than EPP). How do you make sure that your marking of the seam line is accurate? I would be afraid that if I changed the angle of the pencil even slightly, the marked line might not be in the same place on each hexagon.

Sheila said...

Cute hexies. I caught the last half of the second Harry Potter last night. Seen it before, but if I find any HP's on on tv when I'm channel surfing, I end up watch them : )
I usually knit dishcloths when I watch tv.

Deanna W said...

Love the hexies. I am in the middle of making some too out of 1930's fabric. The problem is I keep seeing these beautiful designs that are more modern and I want to try one of them. Time will tell!!

Willow River Piecemakers said...

Lovely! I like how your yellow centers just tie everything together!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

What wonderful purples for your flowers. They look wonderful and good use of your time. My problem these days is my energy level. I prefer listening to something while I sew so I am going to check out the podcasts that Kathy mentioned also.

Cathy said...

Cute, cute, cute! I listen to the wheels turning in my brain while stitching...slow turning...

Cathy Tomm said...

Love the purple hexies. The job of preparing the hexagons never seams to end.