Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Weekend post

I managed to make a few of the blocks that were posted for the RSC sampler this week. I seem to have sewn the triangle wrong on the spinning star - so I ended up with a different block in teal and white.


I did start pulling some purples out and cut a few hexie flowers for hand stitching. I plan to work on these a little tonight after the day is all done and the kids are in bed. My reward to myself after a long day!

It is a working weekend for me. After a great day yesterday at the store, a quick delivery of a big green egg after work and then getting lost in The Villages on the way home... it was a long day. We had a dinner date for a late dinner and then picked up the kids from Grandma's house and got them home really late (9:45) for bed. Today is another work day but a short one for me since it is Sunday hours - 11-3. Tonight the grandparents down here are coming over for dinner to celebrate someone turning FIVE tomorrow. She is so excited to have brats and burgers on the grill. I'd better go boil the eggs and potato for the salad I need to make before I head into work.
Head on over to SoScrappy to see the Rainbow Scrap Challenge link up and Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday. I plan to go visit everyone this week as time allows.

13 comments:

Sheila said...

Great little blocks. Shouldn't matter if the star is spinning clockwise.
Oh my. Five years old. They grow up fast. Happy Birthday :D

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

These hexies look like pretty spring violets and pansies! :)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Those hexies DO look like pretty little violets, don't they?

I hope to get a post up this evening, but today is a flat-out busy day for me: church this morning, class this afternoon and small group this evening. Company Monday and Tuesday ... if I don't post tonight, I may not be able to until Wednesday! ;-)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Oh, and have fun at the birthday party this evening!

Angie said...

Purple hexies lookin' good! Maybe purple will finally push me into starting some hexies! Hope the birthday party is fun! I had both of my boys here for my BD celebration yesterday - I was a happy camper!

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Love those little hexie flowers!

scraphappy said...

What a busy weekend. Have a great birthday barbecue. They are both getting big SO fast. Love your teal blocks. Enjoy your handwork -- such a nice way to relax.

scraphappy said...

What a busy weekend. Have a great birthday barbecue. They are both getting big SO fast. Love your teal blocks. Enjoy your handwork -- such a nice way to relax.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love those purple and yellow flowers. My little granddaughter just turned three and is heading to Disneyland to celebrate. They grow up to fast!

Quilter Kathy said...

Such pretty purple hexies! Enjoy your stitching!

Jill said...

It is good that you find time sewing after kids in bed. They are young for a short time. Glad there are helpful grandparents. Your teal fabrics are pretty.

Ellen said...

Pretty hexies! It is really quite amazing how fast children grow.

Debra said...

Those little hexies look great. I have only ever made them with English paper piecing by hand. Looks like you are doing a great job.