Sunday, June 1, 2014

Slow Stitching and Monthly Mayhem....

I am combining a couple of link up's today.

Kathi from Design Originals by KC has started a new link up to challenge us to make some monthly goals and then report back how we do at the end of the month. I am hoping that will help me to check off some of my UFO's listed on my sidebar and get a few other things moved along.

First - I really, really, really want to get my blue log cabin quilt quilted and bound this month. It has been sitting patiently in my sewing room all pinned for quilting for a couple of months now. The issue, I really want to try some feathers in the cream parts but I'm a wee bit afraid to mess up my pretty quilt. =) Hopefully I'll report back at the end of the month with a completed quilt that I can hang on my wall in the kitchen. The intimidation is that it is a double bed size quilt and I just have my little domestic sewing machine.

Second- I really want to move along the Century Quilt - so I want to get one of the four applique blocks I have left to do, completed.


Third - It is time to finish off the Little T quilt. Very little progress on this one so far but if I have a good week I think I can get it done.


Fourth..... I have a bunch of these hexagon flowers made from leftovers of the triangle quilt. I want to start putting these together into a mini quilt top this month, but I see I need to prep a bunch more of the whites to make more flowers first.

Head on over to Kathy's Quilts to see the slow stitching link party, and then check out Design Originals by KC for the Motivation Mayhem Monthly Muster Linky Party.


10 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I agree list do help to get things done. I like to start with those that just need a bit of time to finish and soon you feel like you have accomplished so much. Good luck with getting your projects completed!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Can't wait to see the blue log cabin quilted. You can do it!!! Good luck with your goals. I often use goals or a list to keep my focus. ~Jeanne

canuckquilter said...

I'll be in the cheering section as you quilt feathers on your pretty log cabin. Maybe once you get yours done I'll muster up the gumption to try feathers on something :) No pressure!

Jill said...

Very nice projects. I need to find time to practice some applique. Hope you make your goal. It's a motivation to have for accountability. I need it. Lol.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Good luck with your list! Hope you have a good week so you can get everything done.

Wehago designs said...

Welcome to our party, I am glad you have joined Kathi and myself on the list, tick and party. I hope you can get to do all you hoped for, as for me so far so good, I am motoring through a couple of my projects on my list today and it feels good.

Ellen said...

I hope you achieve your goals for all of the quilts on the list. I am trying to get things done in my studio as well. I have started with the quilts that were closest to finishing and will move down the line from there. It can be a challenge to keep on track! :)

Drawing a simple outline of the feathers on the quilt top to follow along might help you to quilt the log cabin quilt more confidently. It really is a wonderful quilt!

Created by Kathi said...

Deb, So happy you joined our LINKY PARTY! You are the happy winner of our linky loot! Email me to check out what you get for sure :) Loved your post... isn't it nice to see what you have ahead of you! I love it.. now w will see where we are at the end of JUNE! :) Kathi kathibc at yahoo dot com for info on what you won!

Sheila said...

Log cabin quilt turned out great! I quilt on a domestic sewing machine, too. I can only manage a big loose free motion meander on large quilts. And that's a struggle in the middle of the quilts with so much quilt under the arm/harp of the machine.

Quilter Kathy said...

So many wonderful quilting projects on the go, with a lovely variety of techniques to work on!