Sunday, August 24, 2014

Feeling blessed on this Slow Stitching Sunday.

Sometimes things happen to make you really appreciate what you have. Yesterday morning I got a phone call from Greg that he was in a car accident. The kids had already been dropped off to his Mom when someone pulled out in front of him. Both cars were towed but both people (Greg and the lady in the other car) were ok after the accident. It makes you stop and count your blessings for what you have and are blessed with.

Tonight I will be doing some slow stitching on this appliqué block to finish off the 6 leaves. Then tomorrow I can start with the pretty blue flowers while waiting in the car line on the kids. Don't mind the wrinkles - it was tucked into my busy bag for work yesterday.


Head on over to Kathy's Quilts and see what other slow stitching is being worked on today.

15 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

So very thankful that Greg and the other driver weren't injured. Also that the children had been dropped off already. We really do have many blessings even on the worst days! I'm looking forward to seeing your stitches from the car line. ~Jeanne

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Glad they came out safe and sound / yes..we all forget our big blessings as well as the small everyday ones all of the time...I know that I do all too frequently. Enjoy your stitching :)

Jo said...

Thank your lucky stars they were ok. That's a phone call you never want to receive. We weren't so lucky

Angie said...

Glad to hear everyone is OK. Every day is precious, but sometimes we get reminded in unfriendly ways.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Accidents can be aweful! So glad everyone is ok, Things happen and that is why they are called accidents. Looking forward to those blue flowers. I love when I get to flowers on my blocks. I have over 40 close to 50 leaves to do this week till I get to my flowers. Enjoy your slow stitching

scraphappy said...

So glad that everyone was OK after the accident. Life can change forever in a moment. It does remind us to be thankful for all the blessings we enjoy. Hope your slow stitching is extra sweet today.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I too am glad that no one was injured in the accident. Sometimes things like that are a wake-up call.

Ellen said...

Glad to hear that everyone was okay and that it just served as reminder to treasure each other every day.

Quilter Kathy said...

Thanks for the reminder to count our blessings every day. Glad to hear that only the vehicles were damaged...they can be replaced but people can't!
Enjoy your slow stitching!

Sheila said...

I'm sorry to hear about the accident, but happy to hear that they are okay.

Jill said...

Hand stitching and applique work is a great time to reflect on the blessing of everyone ok after an accident.

canuckquilter said...

So glad that only the car was damaged. Thanks for the reminder to appreciate our blessings.

Created by Kathi said...

Deb, glad you and yours are all fine... and just the cars got the dings :) I recently have also had a similar experience that made me reevaluate just how lucky I am.. but I can always use a reminder to be thankful for all I DO have :) Have a wonderful Slow stitching Sunday! Kathi

Cathy said...

Glad everyone is okay.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

No kidding... things like that really put things into a new perspective don't they? Whew!