Saturday, September 13, 2014

Are you feeling Orange?

Another Saturday of orange fun! I did not plan ahead with the orange this week so after work and a nice dinner with Greg I got to sew a little while he went to pick up the kids from Grandma.

My 16 patch block was cut and sewn together.

I also made this week's posted RSC sampler block.


Next week will be hexagon flowers I think and some of the churn dashes. The busy bag is down to knitting so those hexagons need to get prepped for car line and Aidan's allergist appointment next week.

I have been working this week on making this Starlight Wishes top. This is the completed top with the prairie points. My first time at the prairie points and I think I really like them! I went with black borders so I could use all my colors for the points. There was a little miscalculation by me in the amount of black I had so I had to piece some edges from a kaleidoscope quilt a few years ago to get the last 8 inches I needed. Thank goodness for that scrap bucket.

I hope to prep this one for some machine quilting next week. What color binding do you think I should go with? All colors or just one to end it off? I know I have enough of the bright blue, yellow, green or red to bind it with a single color. You can purchase this pattern over at Canuckquilter later this month. All her patterns are so clear and concise they are wonderful to work with.

I'm linking up with Angela at SoScrappy this week. Head on over to get inspired by some lovely orange projects.

12 comments:

Andee said...

Your starlight wishes quilt is awesome! Way to squeak out some extra black from the scrap bucket!

Angie said...

Starlight Wishes looks beautiful! You could definitely use all colors for the binding, but one dominant color would really "frame" the quilt.

canuckquilter said...

Oh wow! I love how making the borders the same as the background makes the stars and the prairie points float. You do have a way with color! Yay for that handy dandy scrap bucket :) Whichever color (or colors) you choose will look fantastic.

canuckquilter said...

I meant to add that I love the cute little fall quilt in your new header photo.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Love, love, love your Starlight Wishes! Not sure what I would do for the binding - usually I audition the colors. Also love your orange blocks. Orange is one of my favorite colors - definitely a happy color. ~Jeanne

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Love your 16 patch block and your Starlight Wishes! Glad you were able to get in some sewing time.

Julierose said...

The Starlight Wishes turned out beautifully--I think pick your favorite color from it and bind with that to have that color stand out more...hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

Fabulous prairie points -- the look great against the black background. Great oranges too. Glad you got so e sewing time.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Wow this turned out so great! The prairie points are a wonderful addition. I think any of the colors would work, I say pick your favorite color!

Quilter Kathy said...

Your Starlight quilt is beautiful! I would make a scrappy binding with all those colours!

Cathy Tomm said...

Love the Starlight quilt. Great orange blocks.

Sheila said...

Love your Starlight quilt! It sparkles.