Sunday, September 7, 2014

Slow stitching Sunday - Century Block

On this slow stitching Sunday I am joining the others at Kathy's Quilts with a few stitches on my last appliqué Century Block. I need to prepare the leaves and the green flower stems to be put onto this block next. Then I'll prep the final blue flower for the middle. I changed it up a bit this time and added some color before adding the leaves. It makes me smile when I look at it, especially since I know this is the last block before I can put this top together for my niece, Sally.


Head on over to Kathy's Quilts and see what other turtle stitching projects are being worked on today. This is a turtle I saw walking on the road last year on the way home from picking up Aidan from school last fall. You never know what you will see down here in rural Florida.


11 comments:

scraphappy said...

Just back from walking the dog this morning where we spied an armadillo. Always lots of fun wildlife around. Enjoy your last block -- and best of all -- the question, what comes next.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Wow you got a great start on your next applique block! Can't wait to see the whole quilt. We have a lot of turtles around here too. Sometimes my dog gets a hold of them and carries them around. I have to insist that he put them back, I get such a sad face!

Lisa J. said...

Looking forward to seeing this completed block and the whole quilt.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

LOL the turtle was a great ending to the post...we all know how slow these projects can be! :)

Karen said...

I did a search on your blog to get a clue as to what the Century quilt would look like. Saw some blocks in the works and looks interesting.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What a cute block ... it made me smile, too!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing what comes next on this block! We just about ran over a skunk on our way home tonight. I'm so glad we missed hitting it!

Unknown said...

I did the Century quilt a few years ago - I was travelling a lot back then and it was my 'on the road' project. I also live in FL (Port Orange) and we have one of those gopher turtles in our backyard. He came up to the house for a visit yesterday!

Ellen said...

Wow - lucky Sally! I used to take my boys for nature walks as well. We would see all kinds of things including snakes....

Scrapatches said...

Very interesting slow stitching ... cute turtle ... :) Pat

Quilter Kathy said...

Enjoy your last stitches on your last block... so exciting! Love the turtle photo!