Friday, September 26, 2014

September Wrap up

This is a recap of my goals for September in the List Goals, Link Blog - Party. 

1.) Test a pattern Starlight Wishes for my blog friend Joanne. 

This is my completed Starlight Wishes. I just love how this came out. Thanks so much to Joanne for letting me test out your pattern. It is ready for purchase at her Craftsy store here. Here is a post she did with some different color options - a truly versatile quilt pattern.


2.) Applique the last Century Quilt block and put the top together. 
I'm happy to say the last appliqué block is done. I hope to put this top together next month.


3.) Continue my RSC blocks in the color chosen for September.
All completed - a 16 patch block, 13 hexagon flowers and 12 churn dash blocks in orange.
I also made the RSC Sampler blocks for the month in orange.

4.) Tiny Tuesday blocks from the Civil War Diary quilt.
I got a few done this month. I plan to catch up a bit next month.

5.) Step 3 and/or 4 of the Celtic Solstice Mystery.

Step 4 - 120 four patches in orange and green are completed.

6.) Walk every morning M-F for 30-60 minutes after dropping the kids to school. 

I did pretty good two of the four weeks. One week I was sick and had a sick kid home a little. This week - I stubbed my toe very badly on Monday afternoon and have been trying to stay off it for a couple of days. It is the first time I have had a toe actually turn purple from a bruise with swelling on the little toe. I'd say the corner of the coffee table won that round! Much better by the end of the week and I was able to bowl yesterday morning.

Goals for October.....

1. Finish the Maple Leaf UFO - top is done and batting is cut. Needs Quilting.

2. Finish the Snails Trail Rainbow quilt - top is done and batting is cut. Needs Quilting.

3. Continue the RSC Challenge in color selected for October. If black or grey I want to make mice to go around my teal cat blocks. 

4. Tiny Tuesday blocks - I'm going to shoot for one a day the month of October. Wish me luck on this one.


5. Step 3 and Step 5 of Celtic Solstice so I can start making those blocks and get the top completed before the next mystery starts the end of November.


6. Get the Century Quilt into a top stage. 


7. Applique the second December block for a pillow.


8. Start hand quilting the Hugs and Kisses Quilt after I finish putting the borders on.


9. Make two pillowcases as requested by my daughter for birthday present gifts for friends. One this Saturday and on the 11th of October for parties.


10. Steam clean the living room carpet - boy does it need it!

11. Continue walking in the mornings - especially now that it is a glorious temp in the mornings - high 60's and I love it!

I'm linking up with Kathi over at KCDesigns on Friday and Angela at SoScrappy on Saturday for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I really hope to have a Slow Stitching Sunday post with the Hugs and Kisses quilt ready for hand quilting... but we'll see how the next two days go!

It is calling for rain today and tomorrow but I hope to run some errands and pull some weeds this morning. Tomorrow Greg is busy with Aidan for scouts (archery in the morning and selling popcorn in front of Publix in the afternoon) and I get to do a birthday party with Emily in the afternoon for a new friend from school. Oh shoot - must sew his patches onto his uniform today too!
Have a wonderful weekend.

24 comments:

canuckquilter said...

You seem to have made good inroads into last month's list. I love those orange RSC blocks, and the century block and the quilt. I'm also working on a walking goal, but I'm not doing well with it this week and last - and I don't have a purple toe as an excuse!

Quilter Kathy said...

I feel tired just reading your list! That is a very ambitious month ahead!

Created by Kathi said...

Deb, Thanks for linking up with me and what a great post you have for us... I read it twice because I can't believe you have gotten so much done and you have littles under foot too! You are amazing!!! Love Starlight Starbright and it's black background... I am yearning to do a grey background quilt but just can't pull that together yet... I think the black really pops the colors you used in the quilt... Excited to see your century block applique quilt become a flimsy by my next party :) Love all those orange blocks... Don't know what Tiny Tuesday blocks are but sounds interesting... Forgot you were doing CS and I love the colors you chose for your 4 patches... the quilt tops you have to quilt upcoming month are fabulous... love both patterns a LOT!! Love that your dd requested mom made pillow cases as presents to her friends! I love that idea and glad it is on your list :) Happy steam cleaning... maybe you can crank up some 70's rock and have fun with that! Kathi

Julierose said...

WOW--you have really accomplished a whole lot of lovely quilts; and you have set yourself some BIG goals...I really like that Maple Leaf especially--but they are all wonderful...hugs, Julierose

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I feel so lazy after reading your list. Looking forward to the snail trail getting quilted, still a stunner in my book.

Chantal said...

Great accomplishment in September. Congrats! Good luck for October as it looks like you piled it high again. I think you forgot one : sleep? ;^)

Jo said...

Wow that's a lot going on. Well done. Sorry about your toe

Dasha said...

Oh my Goodness! What a long list of things you want to do in October.
Pretty impressive finishes for September too. Well done.

Nell's Quilts said...

Oh to be so ambitious! I guess it helps to have your goals before you every month to make sure you're on track. Some great finishes.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

So much DONE, so much to DO...but you are quite organized ! :) Everything is pretty! :)

Kate said...

Beautiful projects, all of them. Good luck with your new goals.

Sheila said...

Beautiful projects! Seems like everything is coming together nicely. You have a lot going on : )

scraphappy said...

Great job on your September goals. Looks like lots on your list for October, hopefully it will be a good time to get some work done before the holiday busyness begins.

Teresa in Music City said...

You got so much done this month! And one week sick? I'm impressed :) You did a great job on your friend's pattern - rainbow colors win every time in my book!

Jill said...

Oh my! You have accomplised a lot. I like very much your choice of vibrant fabrics for your quilts.

Mystic Quilter said...

Well I desperately need to take a leaf out of your book for productivity! What an amazing selection of beautiful projects, you are to be congratulated!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

What a productive month!! Congrats on such great progress and finishes.

Angie said...

Starlight Wishes turned out so cute! All your orange blocks look yummy, especially the churn dash blocks!

Quiltdivajulie said...

The coffee table at my house won a few years ago - I now wear shoes in that room!

What a goals list -whew!!!

Katie Z. said...

I love all the orange together.

Good luck with the toe! Those can be so painful.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Wow. You are really putting me to shame with your plans for October! I only have one item on my to-do list ... finish up T#1's quilt (I hope to get it ready to quilt within the next week and a half???).

Michele said...

Good progress! The Starlight Wishes quilt is really beautiful, as is the applique.

Cathy said...

It's all good!

You know...I think those churn dashes would look cool bordered in the RSC sampler blocks according to your layout there!

Marly said...

Your list for October is SO ambitious! I love those rainbow friendship stars.