Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tiny Tuesday....

I remembered it was Tuesday and made a Civil War block today!

This is called The Queen of the West and was towards the end of the book. Yes, I flipped through and pulled an easy one for today. Tomorrow I hope to start with the one a day for the month of October..... we'll see how I do.

After a trip to Sam's Club this morning to stock up the freezer and get lunch things for school I did a quick run through my LQS. I wound the last of my Bottom Line thread yesterday into the bobbin and needed more. I picked up a medium tan since that will go with the backing fabric I picked up for the next few quilts to get machine quilted. I also got a blue pearl cotton that I think will be used to big stitch the Little T quilt. Now to figure out what size needle to use for that.

My leader and enders has been making the orange and yellow hst's for step 3 of Celtic Solstice. I think there are more than 120 in that pile and I need 200 total. The pick up line today will have me snipping these apart and trimming the dog ears and counting them.  



I managed to outline the center of the Maple Leaf quilt and stitch around all the maple leafs this morning with the walking foot.

I think the area around the leafs will be stipple stitched. The geese outlined and then some small maple leafs quilted in the black and tan middle border. Lots of leafs stitched with swirls in the outer border. Then I have to pick a binding color..... Just writing the plans down in case I forget what I was planning when I get back to this tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Julierose said...

Love that maple leaf block--I like how you can merge one color into the other with the tiny squares...nice...hugs, Julierose

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I've wanted to make a maple leaf quilt, but I've never found a pattern that I liked until I saw yours ... is it from a pattern or your own design? Love that cute little Queen of the West, too.