Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thursday...

Today I snuck away from Aidan and Madagascar 3 to sew this block up quickly. The Civil War Diary Book has chapters on a few men from the Civil War and has a letter sent to them or that they sent home with a corresponding block to go with it. I do believe that is how they 'named' the blocks.


This is called 'Florida has Seceded' and went together quickly along with another two 54-40 or fight blocks from the Celtic Solstice Mystery. I figured I'd make these 24 blocks with the parts I have done and then I'll continue on with step 5. I have eleven of them put together and hope to sneak away back to the sewing room for 10-15 minutes every once in a while and sew up some more. He is snuggly today with a bad sore throat so he stayed home again today. I got a chapter book for him downloaded to my cloud and he is reading that to me while his voice lasts. Time for Chapter 4 of 'Bones and the Big Yellow Mystery'. I think we need to get a more difficult one next time.


3 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love the orange in your Celtic Solstice blocks. They look so happy!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I didn't think I was a fan of orange in quilts, but the orange in your CS blocks add a nice pop of color. It's going to be a gorgeous quilt.

Hope Aidan is feeling better today.

Ellen said...

I really love my Celtic Solstice quilt. I used the suggested colour scheme and it turned out beautiful and my son really likes it too. I just wish it wasn't square. If I were making it now, I would make it a bit longer.