Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tiny Tuesday.......

I got a quick block made today called Drawing for Our Clothes.



I spent the rest of the morning trying to get three Century Quilt blocks a little bigger to their 12.5 inch  sizes. The seam ripper got a LOT of use this morning. Two of three blocks are now the correct size. The last one is showing on the bottom part of the picture and with all those tiny parts.... I'm going to fudge it maybe with a little white frame. Then I got to cut some huge squares so I could make some hourglass blocks for the setting blocks. Progress is being made but..... it sure is slow when you need to redo blocks you made 14 years ago!


Step 5 of Celtic Solstice was completed during all this sewing today as leader and enders. Just need to snip the tails and then I can start putting block B together!

3 comments:

  1. I admire your perseverance in taking apart and resewing those old blocks. It must be fun to see how your sewing skills have progressed, but I think I might have sent everything back to the UFO pile. Then again, you have all those ptretty blocks you finished recently for this quilt, and I wouldn't have wanted those to go to waste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're making good progress on your CW blocks and your CS quilt. Good luck on the CQ block resizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did some ripping out this am too! Hopefully you will work out a solution for your last block. I didn't realize you had started this years ago. Good for you for getting it done!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Yahoo is currently having some issues with telling other servers to reject messages due to the third party server that sends the comments to e-mail. I'll try to respond to all messages but I may miss some as they are not all being sent to my e-mail. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.