Monday, November 3, 2014

Design wall Monday.....

I have about 6 or 7 blocks left to make for Celtic Solstice but I figured I'd lay a few of them out and see how it is looking while everyone else is away at work or school this morning.

Mom - I had to go back into the house and find the windshield scraper this morning... there was frost on the windows, roofs of the houses and the grass! It is November 3rd..... in FLORIDA for goodness sake. Thank goodness we are back to the 80's mid week. Had to pull out the kids winter coats this morning.

Off to pre-vote since I get to work tomorrow. Then a quick run to the store to pick up some deli meats and the rest of the things for meatloaf tonight. I'm doing the spinach, provolone and proscuttio in the middle tonight for a change of pace. I made the standard Betty Crocker one I grew up with the last couple of times. Au gratin potato's and a veggie or two will round out the meal. I baked off a bunch of pie pumpkins yesterday so I'll be making Aidan's pumpkin pudding for dessert.... I even picked up the spray cream this morning when I was running errands. Spoiled boy.

I realized I've never posted the recipe on the blog! In case someone wants to make this here it is. I got this from a dear friend Rita up in Vermont. Aidan absolutely loves this.

Pumpkin Maple Pudding.
Oven at 325 degrees. 2.5 quart dish.

1 - 16 ounce can pumpkin (I use fresh pureed pumpkin)
1 - 12 ounce can skim evaporated milk
3/4 cup Vermont maple syrup
1 egg
2 egg whites (I've been know to just put 2 eggs total in!)
1 Tablespoon flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon salt.

Mix together in a big bowl. Grease the dish. Bake for 1 hour - pudding will jiggle in the middle.Take out of oven and sprinkle with nutmeg and 1/4 cup chopped pecans (I leave the pecans out!).
Bake 5-10 minutes more until a wooden pick comes out clean. Cool - cover and refrigerate.



5 comments:

soscrappy said...

Great progress on Celtic Solstice. Sounds like busy times at your house. Plenty of fall fun to go with the strange fall weather. 80 by Thursday though, that will feel more normal.

Julierose said...

Your Celtic Solstice is coming out beautifully--oooh so many pieces--and ...angles...and those durn 1/4" scant allowances in there! I would never attempt it, but I love yours...yummy sounding pudding recipe...thanks hugs, Julierose

Ray and Jeanne said...

Your quilt is looking great! I'll try that Pumpkin Maple Pudding - it sound wonderful ad I might use the pecans too! Thanks. ~Jeanne

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I like how your CS quilt is coming along. That pumpkin pudding sounds yummy, but I'd have to add the pecans. ;-)

Beth said...

Love your CS! I am just a bit farther along with 2 final borders left to add. Hoping to get them on before Grand Illusion starts...if I could just STAY HOME with time to sew! Who knew an empty nest would be so crazy.