Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving.....

I got the place mats done in time ... and wouldn't you know it one got dripped on.... and yes, it was mine from me! Oops, guess that one will be turned over to Christmas for the next meal!
I think they turned out great - thanks Joanne for a great pattern.

As the kids were trimming the tree this afternoon....

I pulled out the Hugs and Kisses quilt and put my first hand quilting stitches into it! Hopefully it will be completed before next year's Thanksgiving! I am using a hoop for this (second attempt at a hoop type device) and hopefully it works since this is a pretty big quilt at 78x78.


The kids moved on from the tree onto the Christmas train that I put under my tree. It is currently in the front reading room getting a workout. Notice the nativity scene - Emily grabbed that out first and had that set up before Daddy even put the tree together. That is her job I guess!



Time to wake Daddy from his nap so I can go out and take a walk and get some steps and burn off some turkey before the sun goes down. Hope you all are having a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends.




1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

Do I spy a treadle behind that train?!?!