Thursday, February 12, 2015

A finish (almost) and a Disney afternoon.

I made the backing, pinned and did some walking foot quilting on this on Monday. I also made the binding and attached it. The rest of the week was finishing up the hand stitching on the binding.
Goodnight Irene - scrappy blue by VTQuilter
Goodnight Irene - blue backing.
My first almost finish for 2015. I was too tired last night to get the last side of the binding sewn down. Maybe tonight.


The reason for being too tired.... the kids had a half day of school yesterday so I took them to Magic Kingdom. They did good (and yes, all by myself Mom). We did some things they had not done yet - the train ride, saw the afternoon parade and the evening one, Country Bear Jamboree, Swiss Family tree house and the Magic Carpet ride. Throw in dinner and ice cream for dessert and some shopping by the kids and we had a full afternoon. They used their gift cards from Aunt Terri's family and Emily has Elsa (she would love Anna for her birthday?) and Aidan got Sven.
Emily with Elsa

Aidan with Sven

Watching the parade at Magic Kingdom



8 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

What a fun day! Two very happy kids. Almost finishes are good - they usually cross the finish line! ~Jeanne

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What a busy but fun day ... I'm sure it was worth it to see how happy your kiddos were. ;-) Your GNI is just fabulous ... I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I love that quilt! I'm sure the fact that it's blue certainly doesn't hurt. ha!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a fantastic day! Disney AND a finished quilt!

Created by Kathi said...

Love your Goodnight Irene finish! And looks like you guys had fun on your Disney Date! Kathi

Angie said...

The quilt looks GREAT - it sparkles! Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse was always a favorite of mine - guess I'm Old School!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love the colors in your Goodnight Irene quilt I remember you saying you didn't like the tans but they sure look great with those blues! Congrats on almost finish of the year!

canuckquilter said...

Busy day! Sounds like a good one though. Throw in an all-but-finish, and I'm sure you slept well!

a good yarn said...

Lots of fun for the little ones! That's such a lovely quilt.