Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Progress..... on the sewing area

No tiny Tuesday again this week. But...... I have slat walls up and my shelves arrived last evening. I go to put them up but then had to take the kids to scouts.




 I know what I am doing today....filling them up and maybe getting one more set of boards for the bottom left side after I have lunch with Emily. Those will all be fabric. The top will be my lighthouses and the second row will be storage. Still working it out but the wall is very flexible. I have hooks to put in to hang all my rulers and templates as well. Yesterday morning I went though boxes and condensed a bit and found a bunch of things! Now to find a new home for everything....in all this mess! (Before I started yesterday and some things landed in the kids playroom)

Hopefully there will be an after picture tomorrow! The couch is being moved out eventually but it needs to get uncovered first! See... I have lots of 'stuff'!

7 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love that slat board wall! I love how you can move around everything to fit and how everything will be right there handy for you! I can't wait to see afters.

Julierose said...

Oh you're getting there! It'll be a really nice space for you...hugs, Julierose

Ray and Jeanne said...

It's coming along! Love the slat wall - never would have thought of that. But I'm thinking about it now! Good luck on getting lots done today. ~Jeanne

Created by Kathi said...

So happy you are finally getting the time and space to move into your space :) I love your slat wall system too! It will be so nice once everyone is settled in their new spaces and you can be organized and stitch to your hearts content too! Looking forward to your after pics :) Kathi

Kristie said...

Love your shelving! I can't wait to see it come together. :)
-Kristie

canuckquilter said...

Oh, I love the modular wall/shelving/hooks idea! You're getting there...

a good yarn said...

It's fun to re-arrange a favourite space. Tidy things up. Find forgotten items. I