Sunday, February 1, 2015

Slow Stitching Sunday....


I have been making progress on my hugs and kisses quilt - 20 blocks are hand quilted out of 49! I don't know about you... but I am finding I pick my blocks by my mood for the color I want to work on. I started in the middle and am working my way out but find the direction I move is based on the color block I feel like working on that night. Does anyone else do that?

I plan to pick a pink block (bottom row in the picture) to work on tonight as pink is the RSC color for February. I might put the football game on for a little bit but I have a feeling I'll end up watching a movie instead.
As for me - I am headed into work to run the store on our short day today as my manager is not feeling well. That means instead of heading to the trail head with Emily today... Daddy gets to take her to walk to the bridge that goes over I-75. The kids and I walked to it on Friday on their day off starting at a different trail head. It was a nice 1.1 mile walk to it and they wanted to take Daddy to see it.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and if you need some great links to follow today head over and check out the Slow Stitching Sunday link party at Kathy's Quilts. I'll be linking this post up to it.

12 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

You are almost half way there! Have fun stitching today. I will not be watching football today....

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'd rather be watching a movie, too. But even if we didn't head to our friends' Super Bowl party, DH would want to watch the game ... but at least I could put my ear buds in and listen to my audiobook while I quilt. Instead we'll spend time with our friends ... I enjoy spending time with them.

Chantal said...

As my quilts are set up on rolls in a huge frame, I don't have the pleasure of choosing the blocks I want to quilt. I have to do the ones that are not rolled up. Hope you appreciate your predicament ! :D

Created by Kathi said...

No football in my future today... my boys moved out before Christmas... now they may be having a party though.. and they are rooting for the Patriots! :) As for me I am finishing up the binding on this wall hanging and will try to get a post up for it when done... I love that your hubby will get to have an adventure with the kids... sorry you have to work tho. Have a great rest of your weekend and enjoy your pink... once I start a quilt I love to kind of skip around as long as I can depending on the quilting and quilt I guess! lol But I enjoy the suspense too :) Kathi

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I love your quilt--so fun!

Rose said...

Pretty quilt!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

So pretty... and yes I would pick my blocks like you do! Makes the process more fun doesn't it?

Nita said...

I'm hand appliquéing one of these, too, only I call mine an orange peel (or pumpkin seed) quilt and am not sashing. It's so relaxing to do. Mine has been in my handwork basket for at least two years so far, lol!

a good yarn said...

I am in awe of anyone who can hand quilt.

Mary said...

You are making great progress on your Hugs and Kisses quilt!

Quilter Kathy said...

Hope you enjoyed your stitching time...I love watching you quilt this project...gets me motivated to work on mine!

Sue said...

Your Hugs and Kisses quilt is looking fabulous. I pick my projects depending on my mood...that is my excuse for having so many on the go! lol