Thursday, February 19, 2015

Temporary sewing room....

I decided it wouldn't be too difficult to get my big table set up in the 'spare' room yesterday. Well, it was a little tricky but I got it in there and a nice little area set up.

I worked on a bunch of pinks that I'll show tomorrow when I finish the dresden plate... but my leader and ender is adding a sashing to one side of my Civil War blocks from last year. I had cut a bunch of 6.5 x 2 inch strips for a different sashing and then decided it was too light for that quilt. I am making it work for this one just to use them up and get that one finished. I'm thinking a solid blue cornerstone will be added to one other side and then they should go together nicely into a top.


I also got 16 of my crochet blocks done yesterday. I just need to weave in ends and finish those four stragglers that popped up after I was putting them into a pile last night.

It was a little breezy yesterday before bringing in the cooler weather so it was a perfect afternoon for flying a kite. The bug guys are  coming today for the annual spray inside the house so I'll wait until after before I steam clean the carpets in Emily's old room. That should give it a day to dry before Greg moves his office in there on Saturday.


3 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Yay for getting a start on putting your sewing room together! I see you have an extension table for your machine ... I just got one last week, and when my machine came back from the shop, I put it on. I didn't have time to test it out much, but it seems like the surface of the extension table has a bit of a drag to it. I expected it to be slick so fabric will slide along it quickly and easily when sewing long strips, rows, etc. I'm a little disappointed right now. :-(

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Looks like you are not letting all the moving around stop you from stitching! I think I might have my BG top finished tomorrow! Knock on wood!

a good yarn said...

I made a Delta Conyne years ago. Still have it - just needs new struts. Flew like a charm it did too. I like the sneak peak of your Civil War blocks.