Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tiny Tuesday - Flower # 7

I decided to grab Flower #7 this week for the appliqué. I started it yesterday and finished it up today. I did remember to take a few pictures along the way.

I trace the pattern on the back for back basting. In this picture I have tacked the pink flowers onto the background.

This is a shot of the outline of the flower from the front.


A shot of the front after trimming it down for hand stitching. Sophie is my companion in the recliner. She gets the area that lifts up.


A finished block.


Happy St. Patricks Day! Time to put the corned beef and veggies into the crock pot for dinner tonight. I cook the cabbage on the stove using some of the broth from the crock pot closer to dinner time. We have a dinosaur play this evening - Emily's Kindergarten class is preforming tonight. Another late night for the kids ... I hope they are not as cranky tomorrow morning as they were this morning.

This was my view on the way home from dropping the kids to school this morning - a sunrise peeking out over the Cross Florida Greenway - the forest near our house.

3 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

No sunrise photo opportunities here ... it was very cloudy this morning and has remained dreary and overcast all morning. Love your #7 block! Cute!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Cute block! We finally had sun today and I got in my walk and think I may have gotten a little sunburn on my face as it felt quite warm. No complaints, just enjoying it's warmth before the rain returns on Thurs and Fri.

a good yarn said...

You are so clever at all this applique. Mine never looks anything like what it's supposed to.