Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Busy, busy, busy....

Mom called me today to check on me..... something about not posting on Tuesday or today. I have the Tiny Tuesday appliqué prepped but have not started it so no post.
 It has been a busy week. Normal girl/boy scouts on Monday with the last soccer practice last night and their last game Thursday. I'm swapping with their Dad at work on Thursday so he can see them play again this week. I hope to work on the appliqué in the down time on Thursday at the store... if there is downtime. They had their scholastic book fair at school and after helping Aidan's class pick their books Monday morning it seemed like they needed a little help with volunteers. I went back in for a few hours Monday around lunchtime, a couple of hours Tuesday and all morning today and helped pack it up. As I was leaving.... Aidan was headed to lunch so I got to have lunch with him. Ok - I asked him if he wanted to eat lunch with me or his friends... he was thinking and his teacher just looked at him and said 'I can't believe you have to think about that!'. Yes, he decided to eat lunch with me. =)

I ran a couple of errands  and then I picked the kiddo's up at school. I did manage to pin the Hunter Star quilt yesterday morning and made this RSC Sampler block. I selected and cut the next three rows for the Trip Around the World block as well.


I love the double pinwheel - it would make a great scrappy quilt..... but I have to really finish off some of my tops into quilts before I start anything new. Here is all the RSC Sampler 2015 blocks so far this year.


Hopefully I can get a start on quilting the Hunter Star on Friday despite the kids being off school that day. I am thinking of outlining the stars.... we'll see how much trouble that becomes on my little machine! I hope to finish off the quilting Monday and get it bound and shipped off by the end of next week.
I'll link this post up on Saturday morning with The RSC Challenge. The next two tops that need to get quilted are from the 2014 RSC Challenge - churn dash and the 16 patch stars. After those are quilted..... maybe I can play with some pinwheels =)

15 comments:

Sheila said...

This is fun watching your star quilt blocks accumulate. Love those center blocks.

scraphappy said...

You have had a busy week. So nice of your mom to notice. Love the sampler blocks -- such a pretty collection.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love star blocks, and those pieced centers take the interest up a notch, don't they? Sounds like a very busy week at your house. Hope you can sneak in a few stitches here and there.

Jeanne said...

Your star blocks look so pretty! May always seems to be a very busy month for school activities.

a good yarn said...

Those blocks look terrific!

Nell's Quilts said...

Great greens in your double pinwheel centred block. This looks like a pretty spectacular quilt in the making.

Kate said...

Love your star blocks. Very bright and bold.

sunny said...

Love your blocks so far. And it sounds like you're making great progress on your other quilts. Keep on stitching!!

Julierose said...

That double pinwheel is lovely--I especially like the greens you chose--so dense in color hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

I am also in the "finish up what I have started before I start something new" mode . . . wonderful blocks!

Scrappy quilter said...

Your sample blocks are looking wonderful. I love the use of greens in this block.

Katie Z. said...

Your blocks are looking very lovely.

Julianne said...

Beautiful!

canuckquilter said...

I do love that green block. The double pinwheel together with the star is striking. Will you get more or less sewing done with the kids oput of the school routine for the summer. Over here we're negotiating time sharing in my sewing space, which is also the family room and computer space.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I am laughing about Aidan and lunch. Having raised 3 boys I completely understand, haha.