Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mothers Day and Slow Stitching Sunday...


I just want to wish my Mom Arlene a very happy Mothers Day. You are my hero and role model. I can only hope that I am half a good as Mom to my kids as you were to your five very lucky kids. Love you.

I was woken up at 7AM this morning with breakfast in bed by my son! He had a bag he made at school with a muffin and an instant coffee packet in it for my breakfast in bed. Very sweet. Then I was gifted a lovely vase he decorated himself with sticker beads and a bouquet of flowers (Thanks Grandma H - my new photo import is being finicky and after 30 minutes I gave up trying to find the flower photo!). I also got some lovely drawings and a card made just for me.


I had already dug into the cake he decorated at school on Friday - the local Public grocery store brings heart shaped cakes and decorating supplies for the kids to work on the Friday before Mothers Day. I had sent in the money a few weeks ago for each of them to decorate one. Emily would not show me anything she has made so I'll get her things later this afternoon when Grandma returns her home from a sleepover this afternoon.


After a short day of work today I'll enjoy some ribs and whatever sides the boys come up with. Aidan was watching an irish cooking show this morning and I have a feeling we might have an orzo risotto for dinner this evening.

Later this evening I'll enjoy some slow stitching on the back porch, smelling the gardenia's and relaxing while watching my kiddo's play in the pool. I have a feeling my appliqué flower will get finished off and then maybe some slow stitching on my hand pieced trip around the world block in greens.



I hope whatever you are doing today you find some time for a little slow stitching. Head on over to Kathy's Quilts and see what other projects are being worked on today.

7 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

AH you've had the Best Morning! :) :) :)

CathieJ said...

Oh enjoy those Mother's days when your kids are young. You get such adorable presents.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mother's day at your house!

a good yarn said...

Glad you had such a lovely day!

Ray and Jeanne said...

What a great Mother's Day! I rather miss those sweet presents. The kids at church got Lilies-of-the-Valley to give to their moms. Oh my, their smiles couldn't get any bigger! So fun to watch their excitement and pride over giving the simple but beautiful gifts! ~Jeanne

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day. My daughter got breakfast in bed from her two also. We were out of state for a wedding so I was able to spend a lot of time with my son and his family!!!!!!