Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday = Blueberry picking!

I decided to try picking blueberries down here this morning. I went over to Bellieview at Abshier Blueberry Farm and boy what a nice morning I had picking lots of ripe blueberries. 4.5 pounds later (Under $16!) I have two full half sheet pans in the freezer and two containers of berries in the fridge for snacking on. I'll transfer the berries into quart ziplock bags for the freezer once they are individually frozen. The kids have a  half day of school on Wednesday..... I think I might take them to pick some blueberries if it is not too hot =) I see lots of blueberry muffins and bread all year long!

Abshier Blueberry Farm

My bucket of blueberries.

7 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

I love blueberries and you can't beat fresh! Bet the kids will love picking and sampling! ~Jeanne

Kristie said...

yum! Love blueberries!
-Kristie

canuckquilter said...

That sounds like fun. I haven't been anywhere where I could pick blueberries in years. Enjoy a few fresh handfuls and a baked something for me!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

We used to go blueberry picking in Indiana So much fun with the kids and oh so yummy! Also good for you to boot!

a good yarn said...

Fresh blueberries are the best! I tried growing them once but my dog ate all the fruit off the bushes. I blamed the poor birdies until I discovered her purple stained tongue.

Created by Kathi said...

We just had some great blueberry muffins the other day if you need a recipe...let me know... they were the best we had ever had though.. sounds like blueberry picking was successful... but you didn't show us blue hands... did you wear gloves? lol Kathi

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love blueberries. Our neighbors planted several bushes when they moved in 5-6 years ago, but they had to pull them out last week as they didn't do well at all. I had visions of being gifted with plenty of fresh blueberries. :-(