Friday, May 15, 2015

RSC in Green....

I got a little sewing time in this morning and was able to make my Dresden plate in dark green. Sorry the photo's are all washed out. They are more vibrant in person.

I cut the rest of these scraps into strips last week. They are sitting in piles of 1.5,2 and 2.5 on the edge of my ironing surface. I pulled a few of the 2.5 inch strips and cut them into 12.5 inch strips. I sewed them together and now have a front for a place mat. I had a bunch of 5 inch squares of light greens left over from Greg's quilt.....7 years ago! I sewed a few of them together and have a backing. I should be able to finish this one off tomorrow before I start quilting the Hunter Star graduation quilt on Saturday. It will be a nice little practice piece for that.

I've also made progress on the trip around the world block. I need to prep some more squares starting with a white round so I can finish this one off in the car line next week.

I just got back from helping Emily's class select their books from the scholastic book fair. It was fun watching them search for books. When I got home I picked a few things for my lunch - lettuce, cherry tomato's, a scallion and a small cucumber! I added some cheese, ham and turkey then made a new to me Italian dressing a la Ree Drummond - The Pioneer Woman. Very yummy. I know what I'm having for lunches the next few days!


Head on over Saturday morning and see what other green scraps are being used up this week. I hear thunder..... so I'd better go cut and draw lines on some white squares for the car line today. One line pick up when it rains means if I get there at 1:30 for the 2:05 pick up I am just inside the fence and not out on the road waiting.

15 comments:

Sheila said...

Placemats! What an excellent RSC project for next year! Hope you don't mind it I steal your idea.
The salad looks delicious. The Pioneer Woman rocks in the kitchen.

scraphappy said...

So glad you are finding a place to use up those 5 year old squares. Its always fun to put little bits like that to good use. Yummy salad! Great greens this week. Congratulations!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love your greens. Green is a color that I don't normally use so I have very little in my stash ... and I'm not sure why that is. ?? That salad sure looks yummy!

sunny said...

The green salad works well with the theme! I'm making Dresdens for RSC also. I was surprised by how simple they are to make - I was always afraid to try. Great job with all your projects.

Julierose said...

Love that TAW block--It is still on my "bucket list"--but am paring down to essentials (WIPS) as my arm/shoulder issues have slowed me down (but not going to give up!! Am much better this morning--even able to knit 2 rows on Le Vest YAY!!)
Have a great weekend hugs, Julierose

Kathy's A Quilter said...

all things green and lovely. It is great to be using up the scraps. Love that TAW especially.

Kate said...

Love your green blocks. I'm going to have to make some of those trip around the world blocks, I really like how your are turning out.

Katie Z. said...

Beautiful blocks.

Marly said...

That's such a beautiful Dresden Block.Do you use a special ruler? If so, which one would you recommend?

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful use of greens. I really like your Dresden Plate block.

Angie said...

Great green projects, including your salad!

a good yarn said...

Coming home and picking a salad from your garden for lunch is right up there. Great idea for the placemats and I'm always looking for ideas to use leftover fabric. Your Dresden and Trip blocks look good.

Cathy said...

I also think placemats are a great idea for scraps! That's on my list for next year. I hope I don't lose my list by then!

I've had asparagus and lettuce from the garden but that's about it for now! Your salad looks yummy!

Jennie in GA said...

Adore your Trip Around the World block....and everything else. Well done.

Edith said...

Love your Dresden plate and how you laid the fabrics out, Your greens seem so soothing.