I pulled out my red fabrics and sorted them into red and maroon. I cut strips of 2.5 inches off some stacks of fabric on the shelf and had enough to make my 16 patch, twinkle stars and cut some 2.5x4.5 wedges for the dresden plates. I got a lot done on Wednesday so all the resting on Monday and Tuesday paid off! The kids even cooperated and let me have some sewing time in the afternoon.
I also cut some forest green while I was in there and made a 16 patch and a twinkle star of that shade as well. Yes... it looks like Christmas in July on my cutting mat!
Halfway through the year and this is the results of one a month with the RSC Challenge.......
16 patches with 2.5 inch squares.
Twinkle stars with 2.5 inch squares
The dresden plates and trip around the world will be next week.
Not too shabby. Thanks so much to Angela for hosting the RSC Challenge again this year. Head on over Saturday morning to see what other half year reports are in. I checked back and it looks like I have joined in since January of 2011!
In fact - here is a finish this week from some blocks made a few years ago! I did the snails trail block in light/dark for the color chosen each month. I quilted it this week and made and added the blue binding. This finishes at 48x72 and just needs a spin through the washer and dryer.