Wednesday, November 25, 2015

No BH mystery for me this year.....

I have way too many things in process! Instead of working through the clues with everyone else in blog land over the next months, I will be working on getting some finishes.
My hope is to work through the following in December.

1.) Finish the last 10 midget appliqué blocks and get the yellow surround on them. I have fallen a little behind on these but would love to have the blocks competed by the end of the year.

2.) Finish the teal trip around the world block and hand sew all 9 blocks together. I decided to hand quilt it as a whole project rather than individual quilt as you go.... which means I need to ......

3.) Finish hand quilting on Hugs and Kisses and get it bound.

4.) Appliqué the 13  dresden plates onto the background and piece into a top.

5.) Finish the alternate blocks for the RSC Sampler quilt, assemble the top and get it quilted and bound by the end of the year.

I may not get them all done, (you know, life does tend to interfere with my quilting!) but at least I'll have made progress on them rather than starting something new. If I do pretty good on the list - my reward will be to finally make my Bittersweet Briar wall hanging that I have had sitting in a kit forever.... well since I saw Kim Diehl speak at my guilt up in Vermont before I moved to Florida. After that one is done- it will be paper piecing my storm at sea kit. That one has been waiting 8 years to get made.
There. I feel better now that I have the plan in my head down on paper. =)

Now to make some cloverleaf rolls and a pumpkin pudding for Thanksgiving. I just have to make the potato and gravy on Thursday as Greg is in charge of the turkey and stuffing this year. He saw an episode on America's Test Kitchen that revisited Turkey with Julia Child. I'll let you know how it came out!

9 comments:

Kathy's A Quilter said...

DEb, these are bold proclamations of oath to the UFO list. I support your efforts all the way. We will miss you in the BH lineup. Happy finishing

Julierose said...

I am not doing BH either--had wanted to, but with four big quilts to be made within 2-3 years for my college bound grands, i think itd be too much for me. BUT, i am downloading the instructions--just in case lol hugs, Julierose

LA Paylor said...

okay okay, I will do a twinkle block next year for RSC. You talked me into it, lol.
When the time comes will you remind me how to make it? Thanks. Yours is so pretty.
LeeAnna at leeannaquilts at gmail dot com

Katie Z. said...

I've had a similar thought myself about the Bonnie Hunter quilt. I have so many in progress bits to deal with, I don't need a new, high-pressure (because I like to keep up) quilt.

scraphappy said...

Crossing all those projects off the list will feel so good! Hope you can get at least most of it done before the new year.

Andee said...

Bummer on no BH this year but I hear ya, I am pretty sure i am doing a half size one myself. Just have tons of other stuff to do so....

Angie said...

I find having a plan really helps me keep on track with WIPS - good luck and don't feel bad about Bonnie's quilt - you won't be alone in the watch-alongs! Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving!

Ray and Jeanne said...

I know how hard it is to bypass BH's mystery - I admire your determination. Good Luck making lots of progress. Happy Thanksgiving! ~Jeanne

Sheila said...

I totally understand. I took a pass last year as I finished up several UFOs. Thinking of doing half the blocks this year for a small quilt.