Saturday, November 7, 2015

RSC Saturday in lime green....

Ok - I looked at my header photo to see what lime greens I had in the stash... ;)
I had 45 minutes yesterday before heading to work at the Fall Family Festival at the church where we have scouts..... so I cut up my squares for the 16 patches and the twinkle stars. The two 16 patches got sewn up to show today.

I got an edible arrangement for my birthday this week. It was yummy.


The kids had a good time... and there were some old cars there for a car show. Oh boy - my kids were fascinated - especially Aidan with all the cars. He was talking out loud and said 'this is the first car made'! - The guy who owns it said 'yes it is!' and had a nice conversation with my 7 year old! Others said - watch out he is a car guy. I see car shows in my future!
Barrel train ride





Remember A&W with the roller skating delivery?

Mom - Aidan had a great day yesterday in his first day of the gifted classes. He was so excited to go to school and has not stopped talking about it. I love his math homework - mind puzzles =) My favorite thing to do!

No working for me this weekend so maybe I can get a little sewing in..... to start finishing up some of these blocks into quilts. Head on over to the RSC link party and see how others are doing in lime. I'm off to bring the kids to Grandma, then the girl scout store and then home to enjoy some peace and quiet.

15 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

Love the lime greens! So happy the gifted classes started so well. ~Jeanne

scraphappy said...

Happy times. Glad Aidan loved the gifted class. Always the best day of the week for all of mine.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Did I miss your birthday? Well, I certainly hope it was a fabulous one! I'm glad that Aidan likes his gifted class and that the kiddos had fun at the Festival.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great post - love that the gifted class was a hit (mine needed a few of those, too - but our school didn't have them until AP rolled around in HS).

Nell's Quilts said...

Happy birthday, belatedly. The challenges in gifted classes really encourage the kids to grow and stretch their minds. Glad his first day went well. Some creative genius at work in creating the barrel train ride. What a fun post. Oh nice lime green blocks.

Sheila said...

Happy birthday, girl friend! Love those yummy arrangements.
Love those lime green 16 patch blocks, too.
Thank you for sharing pictures of the cars and barrel train. Looks like everyone had a good time. Fun post : )

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

happy birthday...I'll bet that edible arrangement didn't last long! So glad that he's thrilled with his new classes! :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

happy birthday...I'll bet that edible arrangement didn't last long! So glad that he's thrilled with his new classes! :)

Deb A said...

It did not last long - since it was delivered during a play date on Thursday afternoon. The kids loved the fruit dipped in chocolate. I did get the pineapple cupcake... you know since it was my birthday.

Julierose said...

Gosh, i should hope you got at least one piece!! lol Like your lime squares...
looks like you all had a fun time....hugs, Julierose

PaulaB quilts said...

Belated happy birthday. It sounds like a perfect day. Your lime fabrics are really cute.

Cathy said...

Happy belated birthday. Mind puzzles...love them and math too! I like the new header too.

Marly said...

Many happy returns, Deb. You have a large collection of lime greens, and the squares are looking good. I like the quilt in your header; it's stunning!

Kate said...

Looks like you had a great weekend. Oh sounds like a car guy was born at the car show. Hope you got in some good stitching time this weekend.