Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sunday..... slow stitching

I have not done as much slow stitching on my Hugs and Kisses as I would have liked this week - but I did make some progress. Almost done the second side of the first border.. that corner is coming up!


 I also got to try a new marking tool. My grey fons and porter chalk pencil got to the point of breaking whenever I sharpened it. I know I have a blue somewhere and white and yellow but darned if I could find them when I needed them. Yellow was later found in my take with me bag but would not show up on my background! A trip to Joanns with a coupon on Veterans day and I got this..... It actually works really well. Nice line drawn through the template and has stayed on this week while I was working on the border. I love that it came with lots of white and different colors as well.

I also starting prepping some more appliqué blocks. I just need to pull fabrics later today so I'll have my car line hand work this week. I have 10 to go in this series of blocks. There was a recap of my blocks shown here last week.

I'm linking up with Kathy's Quilts today and can't wait for this evening when I can snuggle under my quilt and put some soothing stitches in.











13 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Nothing better than finishing up a weekend with some slow stitching. I'm not sure when we'll get home from the swim meet, but I hoping that there will be time for some slow stitching tonight!

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow... you are coming up to the corner already... so exciting!
Enjoy your stitches tonight!

Denise :) said...

Enjoy your soothing stitching time! The chalk pencils are fun -- but I've heard from gals in my stitchers group that you should be careful with some of the colors...they don't erase/disappear nicely! Yikes! :)

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Oh, have fun snuggling and quilting!

Julierose said...

Dang! I hate not being able to find something I KNOW I have....well, enjoy your stitching and prepping....hugs, Julierose

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Enjoy your snuggle-stitching! :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love the quilting your doing on the border nice gentle curves aren't they fun to stitch? I have heard to be careful with especially the yellow chalk and yellow pencils as they do not wash out very well?

Unknown said...

Just a little FYI on those chalk markers from JoAnn's. I love and use those frequently, but they will dull the sharpener quickly, so get some extra sharpeners and if you aren't careful when sharpening the sticks can break. Ask me how I know, hehe.

Sharon in Colorado

Deb A said...

Thanks Sharon. We have lots of sharpeners in the house - small kids so I pick up the cheap ones at the back to school sales. Every room has one =) Thanks for the tip.

Deb A said...

I plan on it! Need to drop off nut and candy forms to my co-leader to sort, play with the glue gun for the parade banner and then... snuggle up with some hand quilting. I wonder if I will have 1 or 2 cats keeping me company tonight?

The Cozy Quilter said...

Sew fun to be turning the corner!!! Keep sewing!

Stephie said...

Oh now they do look like good markers, great to have so many colours. I hope you have a lovely stitchy weekend and the new week's begun well too :)

Teresa in Music City said...

I've often wondered how those pencils work .... are they chalk, and will they come out easily? We quilters are always in search of the perfect markers, aren't we? LOL!!!!