Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Teacup Wednesday....

I got a lot of relaxing sewing done yesterday. After playing with the blocks from yesterday's post in the morning, I prepped three more midget blocks and then settled in after a quick lunch with the first Harry Potter movie and some hand quilting on the hugs and kisses quilt. I got up to the corner on the cable border - one side border is done. After picking up the kids ... it was resting to relieve the sinus headache with some hand stitching on this little teapot while Emily watched a Pooh movie. The last of the stitches were put in while the homemade sloppy joes were cooking on the stove top and roasted rosemary potato's were in the oven. The kids picked corn as their veggie =). Now if the boy would start going to bed better we'll be all set. This time change really does a number on him and it is always a rough week after a change.



4 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Love that little teapot! Cute.

I've always been a mark-as-I-go quilter, but I wonder if it would be easier to mark a border, when using a stencil, before the quilt top is sandwiched. I currently use Sewline's mechanical pencils which I love, but they have a tendency to rub off if that part of the quilt is handled much. Since I'm using a lap hoop, the outer edges will get plenty of handling as I move the hoop. So ... how do you mark your borders with a stencil? Any advice?

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This is just adorable! So darn cute....I love it.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This is just adorable! So darn cute....I love it.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love your fabric choices on this one! Too cute!