Tuesday, December 8, 2015

NOT Tiny Tuesday....

Instead of the tiny midget appliqué blocks....I concentrated on the teal hand pieced trip around the world block and I'm happy to say it is DONE!!!! That makes 9 for the year. All hand pieced 2.5 inch squares.

Now I just need to decide how the colors should lay out and then hand stitch them into a top. I changed the initial thought of hand quilting each block and will hand quilt the whole top. One of these day's I'll actually do a quilt as you go... but not with this one. Now the difficult decision... what order do I put these blocks in for the quilt?

Rainbow of colors?

Tried to put the lights in the 4 inners and dark in 4 corners.

Purple and teal swapped around? Maybe teal in the middle and blue in the bottom corner?
What are your thoughts? I'll mull it over for a day or two and then flip a coin! The blocks are appearing darker due to the morning inside photo's - it was 40 degrees out so no outside pics this morning.
Mom - I'm helping in Aidan's class today 10-12 and might do lunch with him after. Tomorrow morning first thing is Polar Express at School with Emily's class (I did Aidan's yesterday mid-morning). They board the 'train' and have their ticket punched, have the story read to them and then enjoy cocoa and a big sugar cookie. They are given a little package with a small candy cane and a jingle bell on a yarn necklace to take home. The kids can even wear their pajamas to school that day =).

A couple more options after my FB group chimed in asking for yellow and orange in the middle.



Linking to OhScrap.

13 comments:

Ellen said...

The blocks are gorgeous Deb. They are going to make a very striking quilt!

Ray and Jeanne said...

That is a lot of hand piecing this year!!! Congrats on finishing the blocks. I like the yellow in the middle. This is going to be a gorgeous quilt. ~Jeanne

The Joyful Quilter said...

To my eye, the light 4/dark 4 option flows the best. Good luck with your decision (because any way you set it, it's going to be a beautiful quilt!!)

Sheila said...

Oh my. I love these blocks.

Julie in GA said...

Your TATW blocks are gorgeous! That's a lot of hand-stitched squares.
I like the second outdoor shot with the yellow in the center.

canuckquilter said...

I'm no help at all. I love them all! This will be stunning any way you put it together.

scraphappy said...

I like the lights in the center edges and the darks in the corners. Which one is your favorite? That should go in the center of the quilt. Congratulations on getting all of them done. Beautiful!

Moneik said...

I like picture #3 with the four lights opposite of the 5 darker colors. I absolutely love TATW, but not hand piecing them. That takes a lot of patience!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

They all look great ! I suppose if I had to choose one it would be with the lightest block, the yellow, in the center but it's going to be gorgeous no matter what you do :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

They all look great ! I suppose if I had to choose one it would be with the lightest block, the yellow, in the center but it's going to be gorgeous no matter what you do :)

gayle said...

I like the yellow in the center. Maybe the warm colors as a stripe up the middle? (Yellow, orange, pink. The other colors all look cooler to me.)
Oh, I dunno. Such pretty blocks will look good no matter how you set them!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I agree with Gayle. These blocks are amazing! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap! I can't wait to see this quilt all finished up!

Lynn said...

Wow that looks wonderful. I love rainbow type quilts. I also like the lights in the centre, darks around the corners. Look forward to seeing it all together.