Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday Slow Down.

I 'found' Emily's girl scout uniform just in time to add lots of badges to the back by hand today! I added the two giraffes from her sales this year and an online patch before heading to scout Sunday at the church where scouts meets this morning. I'll have to get the rest on today for her bridging ceremony tomorrow night. She will bridge to brownies tomorrow. Aidan will also have his scout ceremony tomorrow night... followed by a bonfire and smores. I asked if my Daisy's could crash their party if we supply smores things and they are letting us. =).

before picture

All of the badges that need adding. I know there is a horse one somewhere  too..

I got some machine sewing and prep time in yesterday afternoon while the kids were at Grandma's. I have three more of my 1857 blocks prepped for back basting this week.

Linking up with Kathy's Quilts who reminds us to take time for ourselves to recharge, breathe and relax.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lots of badges and they look so nice on her vest. Have fun working on your 1857 blocks.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

That's a very nice amount of badges that she has; way to go! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh yes... the sewing of badges... I have sewn them for my kids and my sister too! Enjoy some relaxing sewing for you!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Wow, lots of badges! Have a relaxing day! ~Jeanne

QuilterinMotion said...

I remember the many badges I earned! Scouting is so great for kids, especially today. Hope you enjoy your s'mores and the bridging ceremonies. You must be busy with two in scouting!