Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sunday fun day....

All of the prep work I did last week has paid off. After a brief day at work at the pool store with my hubby, I plan to stitch in the passenger seat of the car while riding over to the beach for a couple of days. This will be my view off the balcony


and I can't wait for this evening when the smell of the ocean and the sound of the waves will be a nice relaxing change while I stitch. The kids slept over at Grandma's last night and are heading over to the beach early this morning.

I plan to add a solid blue round to my trip quilt (all 84 squares got marked on Friday) and add some stitches to the 1857 quilt borders that I prepped last night.



Head on over to Kathy's Quilts and see what other slow stitching is happening today.

10 comments:

Angie said...

Enjoy your beach stitching!

Jennifer said...

Nothing could be better than beach stitching. Love the blue round on your quilt. It really pops!

Deb said...

Your trip quilt is looking great love that blue, enjoy your time at the beach its the one place I head to when I need to restore my balance or just be still I'll be heading out to the seaside this weekend.

Deb said...

Your trip quilt is looking great love that blue, enjoy your time at the beach its the one place I head to when I need to restore my balance or just be still I'll be heading out to the seaside this weekend.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh wow... that's the perfect view for slow stitching... enjoy!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Looks like it will be the perfect place for stitching! Enjoy.
~Jeanne

Jayne Honnold said...

I can never make myself stitch at the beach, so I've quite feeling guilty about it. I take a little project, but usually work on it in the car or in the condo. At the beach, I read, sleep or people-watch. I love your Churn Dash in the header pic. That block always appeals to me. Found you through Slow Stitch Sunday.

CathieJ said...

Enjoy stitching with that beautiful view.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Ok, I'll confess - I'm jealous. I'd love to be stitching by the beach! Enjoy.

Ellen said...

Gorgeous view! Being near the water and hearing the waves truly is a very relaxing way to spend your time. What a wonderful location to do some hand stitching1