Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Mid week...

I'm happy to say I finished the binding on the Floating Cubes quilt on Sunday morning. So nice to get a finish.

Grandma decided to take the kids Monday for a sleepover and returned them after a late afternoon movie last night. That gave me a chance to spend a few hours deep cleaning the house Monday after working in the morning. Remind me to get a smaller house the next time! The main rooms are all cleaned - just need to work on bedrooms next then tackle the sewing room. Not touching the play room...... Yesterday morning was a little weeding out front to find the flowers again before it got too hot. Then working.... then a quick meeting to pick up some girl scout things for an information booth I am running on Saturday. That turned into a nice chat and lasted way longer than I was planning... but was a nice time.

While cleaning..... I found my favorite quilting hoop! Who knew it was small enough to fit in the hope chest with the other quilts? I found it when I changed out the quilt hanging in the dining room. Apples are now hanging... as the kids go back to school soon.

While searching in the sewing room I found my Fireworks quilt.... that has been waiting on hand quilting for a few years now. I put a few stitches in last night..... and will probably pull them out again like the first batch I had put in a while ago. Just need to figure out how I want to quilt it. Decisions, decisions...... Any ideas? I was thinking a line through the blue chains. Outline the 'stars'.... then?


Well, I think Emily forgot I said we could do the pool first thing this morning so I'll log into work for my 5 hours and then we'll do pool time this afternoon.

4 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

You're so busy. I love your fireworks quilt ... I was going to suggest a straight line through the blue blocks and then outlining the stars ... but beyond that, I'm drawing a blank. I'm sure someone will have good advice.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice find, GREAT finish, and good luck deciding what to hand quilt on your Fireworks Quilt!! I no longer hand quilt, so don't have any "I would..." advise. I'm confident that you will think of something!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Congrats on that finish; it looks great. You've been busy as usual and you'll figure out the best way to quilt that. It's a lovely quilt!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Congrats on that finish; it looks great. You've been busy as usual and you'll figure out the best way to quilt that. It's a lovely quilt!